- Apply to bid
At any point leading up to the Auction you can:
- Select the lot(s) you intend to bid on
- Enter your bidder details and if different , enter buyer details
- Enter Solicitor details
At least two days prior to Auction you must complete the Registration by providing the following. You will receive an email once these steps are open:
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions
- For buyers, if different to you the bidder, upload the required ID documents
- Bidder Security Payment must be made. (as requested by the auctioneer)
- Verify your, the bidder’s identity
A bidder security payment is required for each Lot. The amount required is a follows:-
Residential- per lot and inclusive of buyer’s fee:
Guide Price: £1 – £49,999 – Bidder Security payable = £4,000 per lot
Guide Price: £50,000 – £149,999 – Bidder Security payable = £5,000 per lot
Guide Price: £150,000 and above – Bidder Security payable = £10,000 per lot
- Sign up to Bidding Platform
Upon successful registration you will receive an email from either NALC or EasyLive auctions containing final joining instructions. Once you have received your NALC Approval to bid you will need to register on our online bidding platform. We will send you details of how to do this in our confirmation email.
Once this additional account has been approved you will be able to bid when bidding opens on the day of the auction. Please note that each auction sale has its own unique approval process. You will therefore need to sign up to the bidding platform for each and every auction.
We strongly advise completing all of the above steps no later than two working days before the auction. Please note NALC can accept no responsibility for failure to administer late applications, i.e. those received within one working day of the auction.
- Bid on auction day
Go to the page for the lot you wish to bid on. A up window will appear. You can now log in using your online bidding platform account details.
Once logged in the window shows the current bid.
You may either set a maximum bid or place an instant bid.
Before the auction
During the Auction
After the Auction
- Where a guide price or range of prices is given that guide price is the minimum price at which or range of prices within which the seller might be prepared to sell at on the date on which the guide price is published upon this website. The guide price will normally be at or above the reserve price. The guide price may be subject to change at any time up to and including the day of the auction the latest publish guide price or range of prices is displayed on our website and you are advised to check the website regularly for any updates alternatively you can of course call the office and speak to a member of our team on 01636 558200 for an update on the status of any particular property which you may be interested in.
- All guide prices are always quoted subject to the auction contract.
- Please note the guide price in the lot does not include any buyers fee charged by the auctioneers and the VAT on the sale price, any stamp duty land tax or any other taxes or additional fees which may be payable
- Additional costs and fees charged by the seller or third parties that might apply to some lots and also some buyers’ fees are not included within the guide price.
- if a guide price is listed to be advised that’s TBA it means no guide price has yet been set, should you be interested in this particular property please do not hesitate to call the office on 01636 558200 and the members of staff in the office will endeavor to give you the most up-to-date information.
- For each lot a buyer’s fee is payable on the fall of the Hammer.
- NALC Auctions Ltd charge the following amounts for a residential auction. All lots £650 plus the VAT
- For our chattels and machinery and equipment auctions a minimum of 10% buyer’s premium on the hammer price will be charged.
- Sellers fees and additional charges might be charged by the seller and all other parties. You are strongly advised to read the special conditions of sale for the lot prior to bidding and check any additional charges and fees and to check the addendum. The addendum may but does not always contain details of any such amounts.
- Some lots (commercial property) VAT may be chargeable in addition to the sale price of the lot. The lot particulars and all the special conditions will explain whether VAT is chargeable or not.
- Other matters. Please note that lots may be sold or withdrawn at any time prior to the auction.
- Please note that the amount of security (deposit payable) per lot is variable and must be agreed with the auction department prior to bidding please refer to the addendum and the particulars and conditions of sale which will normally state the guide price and required deposit or bigger security deposit. The required deposit will normally be 10% plus any buyer’s premium
- Plans are reproduced with the consent of promap and ordnance Survey and are licensed by HM stationery office
- Plans and photographs shown in the catalogue and on this website are included in order to assist you in locating the lot in question. They are not necessarily drawn to scale and any arrows on plans or photographs are merely there to assist you in finding the lot itself and not for the purposes of indicating the legal boundary; especially when referring to Land Registry plans.