By Law we are required to prevent our services being used for money-laundering or terrorist financing purposes. The obligations are set out in the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulation 2017.
The Regulations requires us to carry out customer due diligence. This includes the identification of:
- The Buyer
- The Bidder- if different from the buyer and
- The person providing funds for the deposit
If you bid as agent or representative for the buyer, you will also need to provide us with written evidence of your authority to do so from the buyer.
The table below shows the identification documents usually required. If the capacity in which you propose to purchase is not shown, please discuss with NALC director as soon as possible before the auction.
We may also undertake further identification checks through 3rd party sources.
Any personal data obtained from the purposes of complying with the regulations may only be processed by us for the prevention of money laundering or terrorist financing.
It is important that you are aware that under clause A6.5 of the Auction Conduct Conditions of the sale contract can be ended by us if, in our absolute discretion, we are not fully satisfied with the compliance under the Regulations.
ID means the originals of
- Photo ID issued by a government authority with full name, date of birth, passport, driving license
- Proof of residential address such as a utility company or council tax bill or bank statement within the last three months
We may accept photocopies of these documents providing each document page has an original certification by an appropriate person such as a bank, financial institution, solicitor or chartered accountant.
In certain circumstances we can rely on others to apply customer due diligence for us including a UK business which is it self subject to the regulations.
You can start the registration process before the auction by completing the NALC customer form found in the auction catalogue for each lot and returning it us.
Important notices pre-registration
Please note that charges and fees additional to the sale price might be payable by the successful buyer in respect of the lot please read the information contained below and check the special conditions of sale plus the particulars of sale and any addendum for the lot before deciding whether or not to bid.
Pre-registration approval to bid
All bidders who wish to bid need to register beforehand all checks required by current money laundering regulations must be satisfactorily completed as part of the process prior to NALC Auctions approving you to bid at our Auctions please use the links upon our website in order to fill in your pre-registration forms (hyperlink).
- Where a guide price or range of prices is given that guide price is the minimum price at which or range of prices within which the seller might be prepared to sell at on the date on which the guide price is published upon this website. The guide price will normally be at or above the reserve price. The guide price may be subject to change at any time up to and including the day of the auction the latest publish guide price or range of prices is displayed on our website and you are advised to check the website regularly for any updates alternatively you can of course call the office and speak to a member of our team on 01636 558200 for an update on the status of any particular property which you may be interested in.
- All guide prices are always quoted subject to the auction contract.
- Please note the guide price in the lot does not include any buyers fee charged by the auctioneers and the VAT on the sale price, any stamp duty land tax or any other taxes or additional fees which may be payable
- Additional costs and fees charged by the seller or third parties that might apply to some lots and also some buyers’ fees are not included within the guide price.
- if a guide price is listed to be advised that’s TBA it means no guide price has yet been set, should you be interested in this particular property please do not hesitate to call the office on 01636 558200 and the members of staff in the office will endeavour to give you the most up-to-date information.
6.The reserve price is the minimum price at which the vendor is prepared to sell the lot. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the advertised guide prices are up to date it is possible that the reserve price set for any lot may exceed the previously quoted guide price this is because our sellers do not fix their final reserve until just before the lot is offered for sale at the auction itself.
Buyers and sellers’ fees and additional charges
- For each lot a buyer’s fee is payable on the fall of the Hammer.
- NALC Auctions Ltd charge the following amounts for a residential auction. A buyers premium is chargeable in all cases subject to a minimum of £3600 plus vat in addition All lots £650 plus the VAT
- For our chattels and machinery and equipment auctions a minimum of 10% buyer’s premium on the hammer price will be charged.
- Sellers fees and additional charges might be charged by the seller and all other parties. You are strongly advised to read the special conditions of sale for the lot prior to bidding and check any additional charges and fees and to check the addendum. The addendum may but does not always contain details of any such amounts.
- Some lots (commercial property) VAT may be chargeable in addition to the sale price of the lot. The lot particulars and all the special conditions will explain whether VAT is chargeable or not.
- Other matters. Please note that lots may be sold or withdrawn at any time prior to the auction.
- Please note that the amount of security (deposit payable) per lot is variable and must be agreed with the auction department prior to bidding please refer to the addendum and the particulars and conditions of sale which will normally state the guide price and required deposit or bigger security deposit. The required deposit will normally be 10% plus any buyer’s premium
- Plans are reproduced with the consent of promap and ordnance Survey and are licensed by HM stationery office
- Plans and photographs shown in the catalogue and on this website are included in order to assist you in locating the lot in question. They are not necessarily drawn to scale and any arrows on plans or photographs are merely there to assist you in finding the lot itself and not for the purposes of indicating the legal boundary; especially when referring to Land Registry plans.
In this regard the auctioneers cannot guarantee that any plans or photographs showing up-to-date position with regard to boundaries or occupiers either of the lot or for the property shown in such plans or photographs.
Registered with HMRC for supervision under the Money Laundering Regulations. Reg No:XQML00000159968